Tilson verified as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Concern (SDVOSBC) by the Center for Veteran Enterprise
PORTLAND, ME (January 3, 2013) Tilson Government Services, LLC (Tilson) is pleasd to announce the completion of the Veterans Administration Center for Veteran Enterprise verification process as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Concern (SDVOSBC). The Veterans Administration has recently implemented a stringent verification process to ensure that businesses representing as SDVOSBC’s are in fact controlled by the veteran, and meet a long list of compliance requirements. The Veterans Administration’s verification is the gold standard in the federal government for certification as a SDVOSBC.
Benefits of being a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) include:
- Exclusive access to Federal Government “set aside” contracts that are only available to SDVOSB companies
- Company listing in the Vendor Information Pages (VIP) database that Federal procurement officials use when searching for vendors and suppliers
- Increased attractiveness to large federal prime contractors (SDVOSB’s frequently serve as subcontractors to help prime contractors meet federally-mandated small business utilization goals)
- Increased attractiveness in the commercial marketplace (large corporations frequently possess supplier diversity programs that are designed to help them meet government-mandated small business utilization goals)
Contact: Joshua Broder at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 591-6427.
About the Veterans Administration: The mission of the Veterans Administration is to care for America’s veterans. Veteran Administrations Vendor Information Pages (VIP): https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/
About the General Services Administration: The mission of GSA is to deliver the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. GSA Advantage!® website: www.gsaadvantage.gov
About Tilson: Tilson is a high growth (#901 on the Inc. 5000), team of telecom and information technology professionals with a world-wide practice. Tilson provides services to industry and government in:
- Information technology, including software development, project management, and information security
- Fiber optic engineering, permitting, and construction management
- Wireless site acquisition, construction management, and DAS for mobile carriers, public safety, and smart grid applications